Potters Fields Park Management Trust
Potters Fields Park Management Trust was founded in 2005 as a not-for-profit organisation. We manage and maintain Potters Fields Park and St. John’s Churchyard to the highest standard as open public spaces for recreation, leisure and enjoyment.
Most of our income is earned from event hire; this enables us to provide award-winning facilities for everyone. We are committed to our parks and love to share them by offering a range of events as well as access to and education in horticulture, arboriculture and wildlife to local and wider communities.
Potters Fields Park
Potters Fields Park is a unique green open space by the Thames next to Tower Bridge. With its spacious lawns, whispering trees, quiet walkways and colourful wildlife-friendly gardens, it offers an oasis in the middle of London.
St. John’s Churchyard
St. John’s Churchyard is a few minutes’ walk away and is a quiet community park with a children’s play area, peaceful grassy areas for relaxation, outdoor table tennis and boules facilities and newly-planted wildlife and wetlands beds.
Potters Fields Park and St. John’s Churchyard are managed by Potters Fields Park Management Trust, a not-for-profit organisation. The Trust was established to:
- Occupy, promote, manage and maintain as a public open space the park and garden area known as Potters Fields Park in the interests of public welfare, including the educational and recreational benefit of visitors to the park;
- Manage and maintain other areas of sustainable land neighbouring the River Thames and benefiting the environment of the Pool of London;
- Advance awareness and educate, with access to the Park and neighbouring areas of sustainable land, in the fields of horticulture, arboriculture and wildlife; and
- Assist in the provision of recreational facilities to improve the quality of life for visitors to the Park.
Community and Education
The Trust is managed by a Board of Directors, comprising representatives of the following local organisations:
- Fair Community Housing Services
- More London Development Limited
- Shad Thames Residents Association
- Southwark Council (2 representatives)
- Team London Bridge